Tuesday, October 09, 2007

How did I miss that?

I'm currently working on remedying an oversight that, frankly, is still baffling me. I don't know how I managed to overlook this particular detail, but then, here I am, clearly in this predicament because I wasn't thinking.

So we are going to Rhinebeck in two weeks (!) Myself, the husband, and the boys (nearly 3 and nearly 5). We are camping, and given the fairly pleasant weather, I'm optimistic that we will not all freeze to death. (I have also assured my husband that, should the weather become dangerously cold, there will be no shortage of warm woolyness with which to insulate the tent.)

Our campsite is reserved. We are slowly but surely assembling all the supplies we'll need for the 5 hour drive, the 3 nights camping, and the festival itself.

I have also signed up for a workshop. A spinning workshop, which I am thrilled about, which I signed up for months ago. I got the email yesterday with all the details, including the supplies/equipment I'll need to bring along.

Like a wheel.

Oh, yeah. A wheel. Of course I need a wheel. Why hadn't this occurred to me before now?

I do have a wheel. It's an Ashford traditional. Our car is a Honda Civic. We are camping, which means we're packing a tent, mats, sleeping bags, etc. We have two young boys, so we will necessarily have to pack the better part of their entire wardrobes, to allow for all manner of messes (food, water, mud, other...) and it would be prudent to pack plenty of clothes for ourselves too. Oh, and our smallish stroller.

Do you think I can fit the Ashford in the trunk too? Heh.

I'm checking out my local options to rent a travel-sized wheel. Failing that, I'm not sure what I'll do.

I'm still marveling at how I managed to overlook this issue until now.

1 comment:

Em said...

Oh no! Well, I'm sure you'll work something out -- my borrowed Ashford Elizabeth fit into the trunk of our Jetta with lots of room surrounding, and at the very least I know LK rents Joys and Victorias... No matter what I'm sure it will work, adn you'll have some great info to share when you get back!