Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Dangers of Zen Knitting

I worked on the sweater this morning, while watching Fantasia 2000 with M. Completely zoned out watching the "Rhapsody in Blue" segment (I heart Gershwin) and knit about a half an inch too far. I had to rip back a few rows, but I only dropped about 5 stitches in the process. Wheeee.

I've finished the decreases on the heel of sock #1, now for the really boring part- knitting around and around, but every other row that pattern pops in and messes up my rhythm. Just realised I have no idea how to spell rhythm. I had to look it up. It still looks funny. And as I say it over and over in my head it's losing all meaning. Rhythm, rhythm, tartlet, tartlet, tartlet...

I'm still trying to figure out how to track rows without losing the "ticker" to the toddler. Hiding it in my cleavage seems to work for a bit, but he gets suspicious when he hears the click coming from my boobs. Hmmm, more work is requried on that one.

No comments: