Monday, March 19, 2007

Socks!

If someone had ever told me that I would derive such pleasure from socks, and that I would dedicate significant chunks of my life to talking, writing and thinking about socks, I would've thought they were nuts. Gosh, I can only imagine what you all think of me.

Well, no matter- I have finished socks!

First, this pair has actually been finished since the beginning of this year. I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures until now. They are the Fleece Artist soft sock/mitt kit (blue-face/mohair).



I have no idea why they look like they are two completely different colours.

Next, I have the socks I made for my husband, out of Lana Grossa Meilenweit. The pattern is Thuja from knitty.com, except I knit them toe-up.



Here is a decidedly cuter picture of the socks.



These are my half (okay, maybe 1/3) finished socks, just for meeeee! I'm using the boyfriend socks pattern, and Fleece Artist again, just the standard merino socks. Yum!



Finally, I just cast on another pair last night, more Lana Grossa, but the cotton blend. These are going to be for my sister, for her birthday (I'm quite sure she doesn't even know I have a blog, so I'm probably safe to post that).



I also have 3 pairs-worth of sock yarn all wound into balls, waiting to be knit up as soon as I decide on the patterns. I have sock fever, and the only prescription is more cowb...err, socks.

No comments: