Friday, March 11, 2005

What I'm Doing Now

Now that we got all those old projects out of the way- new stuff.

My current WIP (yes, I only have one, I do have a newborn) is childHood. I'm using more of the Mission Falls 1824 cotton (which my NotSoLYS lady just confirmed has been discontinued *sob*). I'm making it for the 1-year-old son of a friend of mine. I haven't discussed how much to charge for it yet. I hate that part.

So far, I'm about halfway up the back. This is the first sweater I've made with actual shaping, etc., so we'll see how it goes from here...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My WNIP (work not in progress) is a pair of Broadripple
socks. I've been waiting for a reason to buy fixation for a while now. This was the only variegated colour they had that suited me. All the others were "springy" with lavenders and pinks. I don't like pinks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Of course, tragedy of all tragedies, neither my LYS nor my NSLYS has 3.25mm bamboo dpns. LYS lady says she is having a hard time keeping many bamboos in stock. I will have to use my slidy aluminum set of 4 (rather than 5, which will make the cuff pattern fiddly). I expect much bitching and moaning about this in days to come. Stay tuned...

No comments: